• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where to find a Class Action Attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

php111

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Where could I find a Class Action Attorney in my area? My area is Bethlehem, PA.

Silverplum

Where could I find a Class Action Attorney in my area? My area is Bethlehem, PA.
Through the PA Bar Association:

http://www.pabar.org/public/membership/mscfaqpub.asp

http://www.pabar.org/CountyDir/Map.asp

quincy

Although the links Silverplum provided are good ones, you could find a "class action attorney" anywhere in the country, depending on what is forming the basis of the class action.

Who do you want to sue?

ecmst12

So probably a product liability attorney is what you'd need. Should I even ask what you want to sue them for?

php111

Yes. I want to sue for the Risperdal causing adverse side effects of gynecomastia on males and insurances also declines surgery such as bilateral liposuction or bilateral masectomy performed by a plastic surgeon.

quincy

There are currently several class action suits filed against Janssen Pharmaceuticals (primarily over Risperdal and Xarelto). Class actions will generally require different lawyers experienced in different areas of the law who join together to represent the parties.

Depending on the facts of your particular case, php111, you might not want to go the class-action route. You might be better served by contacting an attorney who has already handled a successful suit against Janssen (a suit filed earlier this year in Pennsylvania and involving Risperdal, for example, resulted in a jury award of $2.5 million for the plaintiffs in the suit).

Here, for your information, is a link to Pennsylvania Code Chapter 1700, Class Actions:
http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/231/chapter1700/chap1700toc.html

quincy

quincy, where could I find an attorney like that? I live in Bethlehem.
You can refer back to the links Silverplum provided if you wish to narrow your search for attorneys to your area of Pennsylvania (http://www.pabar.org/). You might wish to do some online research into former and current cases in Pennsylvania that have been filed over Risperdal before calling attorneys in your area.

The potential case you have against Janssen Pharmaceuticals will involve product liability but I think you could do better with a personal injury attorney. Most attorneys who specialize in either of these areas of the law, however, will generally provide you with a free case evaluation.

I recommend you have a few case evaluations, and a few attorney consultations, before settling on one attorney to handle your case. At the initial meeting with the attorney, you should ask the attorney about his experience with cases involving drugs like Risperdal (and the outcome of the cases).

We cannot provide attorney references or make referrals on this site. Sorry.

php111

I was able to speak with an attorney in Philly. He asked me to request a copy of my pharmacy records. I was on generic which is Risperidone and not the brand name Risperidal. The generic I was taking at the time was from a pharmaceutical company which is Zydus. However, the attorney said the law is they cannot sue pharmaceutical companies. I did not know there was such a law. I mean it is the generic form of the brand name Risperidal.

quincy

I was able to speak with an attorney in Philly. He asked me to request a copy of my pharmacy records. I was on generic which is Risperidone and not the brand name Risperidal. The generic I was taking at the time was from a pharmaceutical company which is Zydus. However, the attorney said the law is they cannot sue pharmaceutical companies. I did not know there was such a law. I mean it is the generic form of the brand name Risperidal.
The generic forms of Risperdal are approved by the FDA for use. Zydus is one of the manufacturers of the generic Risperidone.

Both Risperdal/Risperidone have led to lawsuits, and judgments against, Janssen Pharmaceuticals. State suits have been over the failure by Janssen to disclose certain risks of using the drug (or for minimizing these risks) and for promoting the drug for unapproved uses (illegal marketing). Personal suits have been over the harm caused by the drug.

I suggest you contact several different lawyers and have your pharmacy records, and your medical records as they relate to the use of the drug Risperidone, personally reviewed.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">