• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Dealer Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

musician3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

I purchased a vehicle from a used car dealer 2 weeks ago. The odometer reading is 104,000 miles. When I looked at the title it states that there were 257,000 miles on the odometer when the used car dealer purchased it from an auction 1 week prior to my purchasing it. The car dealer is also responsible for paying the sales tax, but on the documentation he listed purchase price of $1200 instead of $3900. Is this odometer or tax fraud?

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

I purchased a vehicle from a used car dealer 2 weeks ago. The odometer reading is 104,000 miles. When I looked at the title it states that there were 257,000 miles on the odometer when the used car dealer purchased it from an auction 1 week prior to my purchasing it. The car dealer is also responsible for paying the sales tax, but on the documentation he listed purchase price of $1200 instead of $3900. Is this odometer or tax fraud?
Duplicate thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">