• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Autos and Auctions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lsd8968

I am from Georgia and I purchased a car from the auction "as is"! I was informed that the car would need some work to it and I understand that. I also understand the rules and regualtions of the auction. Well, I haven't had the car two weeks yet and on the first day it started running hot, the radiator hose bursted. I pulled the car fax on this vehicle and it should no damage. I took the car to my mechanic, so he could take a look at the vehicle, the radiator was bent. So I purchased a new radiator and hose! After he replaced that, almost home and the vehicle began shooting out oil and began to run hot again! :( So once again my mechanic took a look at it and stated that I needed new head gaskets. Okay that was fine, I told him to proceed with the repairs. Now as he began taking whatever needed to be done apart, a brownish, thick material started coming from the engine. Once he notice that he stopped all work on the vehicle. I have called the auction, I was basically told that I was out of luck. They gave me the number to the dealership that sold the car to the auction and they said once they give the car to the auction, they have nothing else to do with it. I feel that I was misinformed about the whole deal and just wanted to know is there anything I can do from a legal stand point. Once again I am from Georgia!!

Banned_Princess

I am from Georgia and I purchased a car from the auction "as is"! I was informed that the car would need some work to it and I understand that. I also understand the rules and regualtions of the auction.

Thats it then. You bought it "as is" and as it is, it was breaking down, but you kinda knew it.

Nothing more to do, except fix the car, or try to sell it.

racer72

I have bought a number of vehicles from auctions and it's always a crap shoot. The thing to remember is, if the car is in decent shape and can be sold with none or minimal repairs, a dealer is going to keep it and not send it to an auction. Google caveat emptor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">