• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rkelems

i bought a vehicle from a guy in crossett and when i went to purchase the vehicle he assured us there was nothing wrong with it, it was in good condition the only problems was the cut seat and one dent. i purchased the vehicle from him for 2600.00 and got home with it i drove it one week and discovered it had two busted headgaskets when we replaced the head gaskets we had to have the heads resurfaced it was then taken to the mechanics shop where he told us that the motor was no good and it needed a new one it has been sitting up for three weeks now because i have no way to fix it and i was trying to find out if there is anything i can do about it

swalsh411

Unless you have a written warranty the purchase was "as-is". It is your responsibility to have the vehicle inspected prior to purchase.

sandyclaus

i bought a vehicle from a guy in crossett and when i went to purchase the vehicle he assured us there was nothing wrong with it, it was in good condition the only problems was the cut seat and one dent. i purchased the vehicle from him for 2600.00 and got home with it i drove it one week and discovered it had two busted headgaskets when we replaced the head gaskets we had to have the heads resurfaced it was then taken to the mechanics shop where he told us that the motor was no good and it needed a new one it has been sitting up for three weeks now because i have no way to fix it and i was trying to find out if there is anything i can do about it
Unless the seller offers you a WRITTEN warranty or guarantee of fitness, these sales are considered "AS IS", meaning you take the vehicle as you find it. That's why it's ALWAYS recommended to have the vehicle inspected by your own private mechanic before buying - so you can have a better idea of the mechanical and structural condition and be able to make an informed decision as to whether or not to buy, and whether or not the asking price is fair. Otherwise, what you see is what you get, and if you got something you didn't expect, it's yours regardless, and you have no recourse against the seller.

Enjoy the new car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">