• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blown Engine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JMWilliams

California. Sacramento County
I just purchased a car from a private party. The engine blew within 20 minutes. I signed no paperwork, nothing was submitted, and he missed the last signature on the title. Is there anything I can do?

justalayman

buy a new engine?

chrome plate it and use it for a lawn ornament?

generally cars are considered to be as is. Is there some reason to believe there was some warranty implied with this sale?

JMWilliams

No warranty. Thank you for your response. I was just hoping that there was maybe some glimmer of hope. Have a nice day, my friend.

justalayman

without looking into it a bit I cannot say how the law might treat it but, in California, there is the requirement a smog cert be delivered with most vehicles or the vehicle qualify for a smog cert. By chance did you recieve a current smog cert with the car or is it not required for some reason you are aware of?

and why did the engine blow? any ideas?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">