• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bought a car used clean title from dealer, with $4500 in frame damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cypher3d

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA, car was bought in Ohio 2013 mazda with 2500 miles

Salesman told me the car was in a front end accident, but only cosmetic damage no body/frame/mechanical etc damage I specifically asked. The car was listed as used clean title from the dealer, so I believed him. The dealer sold the car "as is no warrant, the dealer assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle." This was part of the paperwork they rushed me through at the end. In good faith, with what the salesman told me, and that the car was being sold with a used clean title I believed him and signed the as is no warranty section.

I buy the car, take it for inspection, they find a coolant leak. I take it else were to have it looked at, they find frame damage. Dealer takes the car back, saying they will fix it and pay for my rental car. Dealer after they inspect it never calls me to ok what repairs they will be doing to the car, I'm already making payments on it. I get the car back after over two weeks of them having it. I take it back to the same place for inspection. They tell me that it's even worse then before, the dealer decided it was best to spot weld the frame and put holes in it.

I contact the dealer again, they tell me to take it to a body shop for estimate. Body shop estimate is around $4500, for the frame, and many internal sensors and parts are not in their proper places (I was having issues with the sensors). Dealer says that's to much and again, they have the car shipped back to them for repairs (of the frame, and sensors) and tell me they will pay for my retail car. They have it for over two weeks, and again do not call me to confirm what repairs they will be doing. Car comes back, I take it for inspection again, this time the dealer covered the frame with a black substance, what the mechanics there called bondo, the dealer claims it's a "high density acrylic." With this coating on, the mechanics here are unable to inspect if the frame was actually repaired or not.

After about a month the dealer finally sent me a partial of the rental car fees, it's just over $1000, they sent me around $350 only when they said they would pay for the rentals. I also requested copies of the work done to my car. I attempted multiple times over the phone to get the rest of the rental car money as well as copies of the work done to the car. The dealer refuses and just hangs up on me when I call them. I sent them a certified letter containing this information and asking for the rest of the money and copies of the work done to the car, and asked them to respond within 3 weeks time. It's been two months now and no replies.

So it's my understanding that that as is no warranty allows them to flat out lie about anything and everything related to the car but since they took responsibility and worked on the car twice now, that in turns means that would be responsible for a proper repair if it wasn't done correctly because they choose to work on it? Also, if by working on the frame, did they void the manufactures warranty (car only has 8k miles on it currently)? They also didn't get my permission to do the specific work that was done on the car nor give me paper copies of the work they did do. One more points, I was told by the mechanic that the car with that much damage shouldn't of been sold to me at anywhere near the price it should have been, is there any grounds to get a price difference?

So that's where I am at currently, thoughts, advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">