• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brand New VW Sportwagon TDI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

molonlabedoc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?MO

Back in March I purchased a brand new TDI sportwagon. Within 3 Months the Odometer quit registering Miles.

When I firsted phoned the service dept they were baffled. When I brought the car in they had no idea what to do, other than call VW. I was told to bring the car back and they would reset the ECU. This was attempted, to no avail. Last week the car was “patched” and the miles are now counting up as they should. My issue is that the car will have to legally show that there is a mileage discrepancy now, that is no fault of my own. This will majorly effect the resale or trade in on this vehicle.

It doesn’t stop there. The cruise control was intermittently not working on the car before the ecu was patched. Now it will come on if I drive over 40 MPH and only come off if I hit the brakes. With no prompting on my end. This just started. Sunday, the car would not start. There is clearly something very buggy going on with the electronics of this car. I had to have it towed to the service dept.

I have notified the original dealership in STL and heard nothing from them. The car is at a service department with VW and I have yet to hear what the new issue is. I no longer want this particular car for the Mileage issue alone. Do I have a Lemon Law option on just the fouled up odometer issue?

Thanks for the help

swalsh411

It's 4 or more trips to the shop for the SAME problem and it's still not fixed OR out of service for 30 days or more not counting days that are beyond the manufacturer's (i.e. not the dealer) control. Do either apply yet?

molonlabedoc

It is at 3 trips that includes an issue with cruise Contr. I didnt have any paperwork with the first visit though. So I suppose I am at 2?

What about the issue with mileage and the fact that this mistake on thier part will cost me thousands of $$$ down the road?

molonlabedoc

Zigner,

Would you buy a car with a Odometer issue for the BB value? I know I wouldnt. It will have to be documented and tagged as not true miles right? Or am I mistaken?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Zigner,

Would you buy a car with a Odometer issue for the BB value? I know I wouldnt. It will have to be documented and tagged as not true miles right? Or am I mistaken?
I would buy a vehicle that had a properly documented odometer repair for the bluebook value. Same as if the transmission had been replaced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">