• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breach of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TDudin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
I signed a contract with Divine monuments for the order and installation of the monument of my passed away daughter on March 3, 2009. They promissed to install the monument before my daugther's birthday on June 15.
I provided them the scetch which was approved by the cemetery, ordered foundation installation which was done in May by the cemetery because divine monuments told me that the monument has already came to the factory and it will take 2 weeks to make engraving and installation. I wanted to see the stone before the engraving but the company refused to show the stone giving absolutely different versions why I can not come to the factory. On July 9 I had an anxiety attack and was taken by emergency to the hospital. I had to cancell the opening the memorial and many people had to cancell their trip arrangements. Eventualy on June 26 they allowed me to come to the factory and see the stone. When I came it took two hous to find the base and the head stone. When they opened the box the base was very short for the headstone but I was assured that the base was in another box. I was told that engraving will be ready in two weeks. I called them again after 3 weeks because I did not receive any info about the readiness of the monument for the installation. They told me that they will install the monument on July 24. I went to the cemetery that to pay them the balance and to inform the cemetery management about the installation but they did not show up. On July 25 about 40 friend and family members made arrangements to arrive for the opening of the memorial not only from NJ but from five different states and even overseas. I called the company again and I was told that it will be installed on July 27. It was not. Then that it will be installed on July 28.It was not. I contacted them almost every day since then to get any information what's going on. Nobody could give me an answer. Eventualy on August 14 I was told that they could not find the base and have to order it again which will take more than 10 weeks! I asked for the copy of new order but nobody gave it to me. On August 20 I was told by sales woman that she did not make any order because it will cost the company additional money. They refused to give me phone number of the manager and completely ignore my calls. Please, HELP!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">