• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Lemon Law Attorney Didn't Make Me Sign Contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cooler2442

So I hired an attorney firm that didn't make me sign a contract for my lemon law case against GM. I was actually dealing with the BBB myself and right as I was about to get a settlement on my own the attorneys sent a letter to GM on my behalf which forced me to close my case with the BBB down.

So now a month later GM tells my attorneys they are willing to buy back my car but are only offering 2250$ for the attorney fee's and my attorney says they have $2650 invested. They said I can accept the offer and pay 400$ extra out of my settlement or we can reject the offer and ask for full attorney fee's and if not go to court.

Now I never signed any contract with these attorneys to represent me(is that legal for them?). My question is can I just accept the offer and then they will get there 2250$ or whatever GM is offering and tell them tough luck? Because they weren't even the best attorneys they wouldn't even return call's or emails until I called multiple times or even talked to the head of the agency asking where my attorney was.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">