• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get released?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angel64

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
I will make this short if possible.In January of 2003 i bought a used Dodge Dakota.Took out extra warranties with it(financed)
I had the truck 3 days before it went back into the shop for engine noise.They kept it for a week and called me and said they couldnt find anything wrong so I picked up the truck and drove it for a week before it actually gave up and had to be towed. Again in the shop.They claim they put a new motor.Now the truck has been in the shop for at least 4 times now in less than a year.Can I get released from this vehicle?The bank wants their money or they are going to repo it.

C

carmonal03

They claimed that they put a whole new motor in it?!?
Is there any way to match or validate sereal numbers on the motor to see if in fact it is the same one that the truck was "born" with?

Could the shop show you the old motor that they pulled out to make the swap?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">