• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car from large lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

afmills36

:confused: What is the name of your state? WV
I bought a 2000 Impala LS and chose to get the extended warranty 3 years of 30k miles. After buying the car there was some minor repair cosmetic work that needs to be done and got documentation and agreement form to have that completed. After 3 days did notice that the transmission was slipping. When I went back to have the cosmetic work done I asked about the transmission. I was told to wait until I had the car for 30 days so the extended warranty would pay everything but 50 deductable. So I waited. I took the car back after waiting the 30 days and it still did slip occasionally. Well neadless to say almost 4 weeks later and not 50 for deductable by 122 because of "shop supplies" which was not told about when we bought the warranty for the car, but like the salesman said when I complained that it was in the fine print. I understood because I wanted my car fixed. After 4 times of them calling me telling me my car was fixed I still don't have a car that doesn't slip the transmission. I have a meeting with the used car manager and want to know what my legal options are. They have had my car for almost 4 weeks and not fixed it yet. As of Monday we were told by the transmission guy "hey this is one I just can't seem to fix" and then all of a sudden they are calling me telling me it is fixed on Tuesday (by the way it isn't fixed and still slips when you put it in drive after sitting for couple of hours). The warranty is for 30K miles and since we had it-it has approximately 3500 miles more and only had it 4 months. Getting ready to make 3rd car paymnt and still have no car, so any response would be grealy appreciated! Per what I have read on the lemon law it has to be new car so let me know my options. Thanks! :)

Last edited:

teflon_jones

You can contact the BBB, state used car dealer licensing board, and state AG and complain about the problems, or else you can take them to court.

dallas702

Between the dealer and whoever carries the warranty you can demand that the car is repaired properly and timely. Get tough with them. Get someone from the licensing agency or AG's office (consumer affairs) to call them. You probably have a local TV station consumer action hotline, so contact them.

Don't be a wuss. let them know that they are responsible and you expect the car to be fixed right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">