• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car is a lemon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? mass
bought a used car from a small dealer
there were no known problems
i took the car to a mechnic before warrently was up on the car.(only had the car 2 months)
was given a print out only showing car needed new tire
told engine and transmission no issues car would last for years to come.
that being said
it is now about 3 weeks after the warrently was up. (30 days) and the car being checked out by a mechnic.
something happened to the car and the engine is now no good and needs to be replaced. I spoke to the place where i bought the car from they say nothing they can do but repair it at my cost of the engine and charge me a little less in labor.
My question is am i just stuck with this lemon and have to fix it myself or is a refund possible?
no harsh comments irealize buying any car new or used is a risk. I just like to know wherei stand with this. thanks

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? mass
bought a used car from a small dealer
there were no known problems
i took the car to a mechnic before warrently was up on the car.(only had the car 2 months)
was given a print out only showing car needed new tire
told engine and transmission no issues car would last for years to come.
that being said
it is now about 3 weeks after the warrently was up. (30 days) and the car being checked out by a mechnic.
something happened to the car and the engine is now no good and needs to be replaced. I spoke to the place where i bought the car from they say nothing they can do but repair it at my cost of the engine and charge me a little less in labor.
My question is am i just stuck with this lemon and have to fix it myself or is a refund possible?
no harsh comments irealize buying any car new or used is a risk. I just like to know wherei stand with this. thanks
It is nice of the dealership to give you a discount on the labor. You stand holding the bill for the cost of your car.:cool:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm guessing that this vehicle is in no way a "lemon".

How old is the vehicle?
How many miles did it have when you purchased it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">