• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car not working

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anilfromwinston

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?: NC

I bought a car from a dealer at Troutman, NC on 7/23. I drove it for a week and then it started having problems with the vehicle getting overheated.

When I bought it from the dealer he showed me a clean CARFAX title. But when i took it to the mechanic he said the car has been into a terrible accident even before I bought it. I talked to the dealer about this. He said I could tow the car over to his dealership. He would trade it in for another car, however wont refund the money paid on the car. I dont have any written agreement promising that.

Is there any way of getting a refund on the car as it failed working in a month I bought it.

Any help would be quite appreciated.

swalsh411

Next time have it inspected by another mechanic before you buy it. If it really had been in a "terrible" accident it would have be immediately apparant. As much as the commercials might like you to believe, a clean carfax is not a guaruntee of a clear vehicle. It just states there is no record of an incident that carfax is aware of.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">