• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cash or voucher

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tjbaybkat

What is the name of your state? CA.
My friend went to an auto auction a few months ago and came back with a Mercedes Benz. After driving the car a few days it turns out that it had some transmission problems. This problem was later confirmed by the auctioners and my friends money-$4000.00- was to be reimbursed. Instead he was told that they did not have the cash on hand, so he was given a voucher. This voucher has an expiration date. He has since gone back to collect the cash, but has been denied. My friend is threatened with losing his money because the expiration date is coming soon. What can be done right now to get his cash back? Does he have a chance in small claims court if the expiration date on the voucher passes?

Tjbaybkat

I do not know why he was denied the cash. I know that it should have been granted to him. I will get a chance soon to actually see the paperwork and receipts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">