• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Communication with Car Manufacturer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maclaw

in california ...
I have had some some issues with my 1 year old Chevrolet . There was and still is some noise coming from the engine room . Next to the services , I took the car to the dealership where I bought it from to have it checket out.. overtime I get it back they will tell me its fixed or they didn't hear anything .
Just recently the car wouldn't start ( because something was wrong with the theft protection of the computer )when I had the car towed there of cause I told them to also check out the noise again because I needed to get that fixed before I run out of warranty next year . This time again they told me it was some excused bold but its still not fixed.

Yesterday I received a call from GM , they wanted to get an opinion about the service, I told them the problem I have had ( noise ) is still not fixed.
Not I the "1st response team" of GM is contacting me . I think I want to take advantage of the Lemon Law and have the car exchanged.
Should I even talk to the "1st response team" of GM to have them make me an offer ( which can only be take it back to the service or they have somebody from GM come out directly .. I will just have to go though waiting and rentals again ..

Whats should I do first ?

quincy

in california ...
I have had some some issues with my 1 year old Chevrolet . There was and still is some noise coming from the engine room . Next to the services , I took the car to the dealership where I bought it from to have it checket out.. overtime I get it back they will tell me its fixed or they didn't hear anything .
Just recently the car wouldn't start ( because something was wrong with the theft protection of the computer )when I had the car towed there of cause I told them to also check out the noise again because I needed to get that fixed before I run out of warranty next year . This time again they told me it was some excused bold but its still not fixed.

Yesterday I received a call from GM , they wanted to get an opinion about the service, I told them the problem I have had ( noise ) is still not fixed.
Not I the "1st response team" of GM is contacting me . I think I want to take advantage of the Lemon Law and have the car exchanged.
Should I even talk to the "1st response team" of GM to have them make me an offer ( which can only be take it back to the service or they have somebody from GM come out directly .. I will just have to go though waiting and rentals again ..

Whats should I do first ?
Yours is not a legal question. What you decide to do with your Chevrolet is a decision you will have to make on your own. If you are unsatisfied with the service and do not believe it will improve to the extent that you will have a reliable vehicle in the end, you can consider returning it.

Last edited:

maclaw

@quincy thank you, yes the question what should I do first , was not really reading keeping the car or returning it more towards the topic ..
should I talk to the people of GM who are contacting me to find a solution . ( I rather post here first then talking to them first and agreeing to any of there suggestions .. since they keep telling me this call will be recorded ( sounds kind of like and will be used in court agains you.. )

I wanted to know what step to take first when I decide to return it.

quincy

@quincy thank you, yes the question what should I do first , was not really reading keeping the car or returning it more towards the topic ..
should I talk to the people of GM who are contacting me to find a solution . ( I rather post here first then talking to them first and agreeing to any of there suggestions .. since they keep telling me this call will be recorded ( sounds kind of like and will be used in court agains you.. )

I wanted to know what step to take first when I decide to return it.
You should do what you want to do. There is really no legal answer to provide.

Here is a link to California's Department of Justice on "Buying and Maintaining a Car" with information that might help you make your decision, though. There is an additional link provided with this link, to a "Lemon-aid for consumers" guide. That might be worth reading. https://oag.ca.gov/consumers/general/cars

If you decide to talk to GM and then have questions about any solutions they might offer, legal direction at that time might be helpful, before you commit yourself to anything.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">