• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused grandmom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jane h d

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? West Virginia

My daughter is convinced I called CPS on her for possibly hitting her child. I did not do this - now she is telling her sister who is telling me she is going to get a restraining order so I may not see the granddaughters. Can she do this without my doing anything in anyway. She is angry and has not had anything to do with me for weeks now. I am sick over this but she insists that I did this. What happens if she gets this restraining order? Will I ever be able to see my grandchildren?

Isis1

My daughter is convinced I called CPS on her for possibly hitting her child. I did not do this - now she is telling her sister who is telling me she is going to get a restraining order so I may not see the granddaughters. Can she do this without my doing anything in anyway. She is angry and has not had anything to do with me for weeks now. I am sick over this but she insists that I did this. What happens if she gets this restraining order? Will I ever be able to see my grandchildren?
well, i hate being the bearer of bad news. so don't shoot.

without a restraining order, mom can prohibit you from seeing her child. her parental rights are so intact, her word alone is enough for you to never see your grandchild again. she doesn't need a piece of paper to acomplish that.

all you can do is grovel.

Hot Topic

There has to be a valid reason why your daughter thinks you called CPS on her. I find the use of the word "possibly" interesting.

If she wants to keep the grandchildren from you, she has the right to do so.

More people will respond if you put the post on the correct forum. In this case, it would be Grandparent's Rights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">