• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A crap load car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AskingforHer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ky

Ok in January we bought a car from a used lot (mistake #1) we get home one hour after having it we filled the tank and found it had been leaking gas in the filler neck the auto dealer fixed it. after they had it for 2 weeks in hopes we would give in and just fix it our self.

we get the car back and the transmission is slipping now, something metal fell out of the transmission, and oil is pouring strait to the ground we bought the car 3 1/2 months ago of which we have spent all of a week driving it . In February we got one call saying they have our title we can come and get it after the state of KY inspects it because they bought the car out of state. mistake #2 arnt they suppose to have it inspected from out of state purchase before they sell it?

My husband told them the car is broken down there for how are we suppose to bring it to them so we can get the title. I'm guessing their idea of several times and my idea of several times is different because we got a letter in the mail today saying they have tried contacting us several times and they are going out of business in one week and there for will no longer be able to get out title our license plates.

What can be done about this? How can we get the car title and plates when its setting at a garage broke down un drive able. If the car is inspected by the state it isnt going to pass inspection.

AskingforHer

they called us in FEB there for they had our correct number and we can get a print out call list from the phone service showing we have just had one call from them.

swalsh411

Arrange for alternate transportation to get the title.

You are paying the price for not having the car inspected on your own prior to purchase.

Indiana Filer

The inspection by the state was not to see f the car is mechanically sound. If you wanted to see if the car was mechanically sound, it was on you to either inspect it or have someone competent to inspect it. You bought the car as-is.

Enjoy your car. Oh, Ana's I suggest you find some way to get there for the title and plates. It'll be more complicated to get the title and plates to your car once the place shuts down

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">