• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Curious question about Lemon Laws and Military Personnel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DRTDEVL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? APO, AE, TN resident.

OK, I ordered a new truck from AAFES's Exchange New Car Sales last week, and it will be delivered in November (2010 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie crew cab long bed). I was reading up about some people having problems with the diesel particulate filter, egr valve (emissions equipment), and turbo clogging up with soot that was causing all kinds of havoc with the PCM. Most of these people have had their trucks in numerous times for the problem.

My question: If I happen to get a problem unit from the factory, what recourse would I have? I am stationed in Germany, purchasing a factory-direct new vehicle with US Specs, but I am not doing so within any of the states and it is being delivered to Germany.

I'll ask the sales person the same, but wondering what the legal minds here think as well.

ariastar

You didn't think to research this vehicle ahead of purchasing it and ordering it to be shipped?

Get whatever your sales rep says in writing.

DRTDEVL

Of course I did... It is the only large diesel truck that does not require Urea in 2010. I don't think Urea is readily available here, never even seen it once.

The Urea tank has to be refilled every time you change the oil.

Most of the problems associated with the DPF in the Dodges are associated with the 07.5 and 08 models, used by commuters. Some of these systems have gone 200-300K miles without issue, but those are guys towing heavy loads every day. Mine would be a commuter during the week, and a highway/autobahn runner/hauler on the weekends, so there is a much smaller chance of issue. I know in mid-09, the DPF was changed in order to fix most issues, and my 2010 will have the new DPF. I am just paranoid, as I have never spent nearly $50K on a vehicle before.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">