• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealership sold me a car with no title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

killbuck

New York State.

I bought a car from a dealership, I told them I was selling my current car to my boyfriend for 3000 dollars, the car still had 3150 left on it they said they would pay off the remainder. So I ran the 3000 up to them the next day and they said ok they will pay the rest off. 2 weeks go by and I get a call from the dealership saying they are having a hard time getting my new car financed and that i have to go back up their. I arrive and they fix the problem they get me a loan. In the following weeks i received over 20 applications for a loans that were all denied(affecting my credit). Then 2 months after buying the car I get a call that I have not made a car payment on my old car. They failed to pay it. I called the dealership they said there was a mix up and told me to come up there and get the money and take it to another place. now that loan was 3500 but they still paid the difference. 3 months after buying the car I get a letter from the bank stating they do not have my title and I need to get this to them. I call the dealership they say they will take care of it(they never took care of it). 4 months later I still have no pink slip and no registration my car is completely illegal to be on the road, but they told me everything was fine and i believed them. I contact the better business bureau and file this report. The dealership calls me back 2 days later and tell me they never had a title for the car they were working on trying to get but it has a lein so they cant get it. I dont know if they lied to the bank and told them there was no lien on it but somehow they got me a 15k loan. I told them I do not want this car anymore they agreed to buy it back off me. I cant sell the car to no one else because there is no title shouldn't I be able to get my payments back I have already made since I cant sell it? Also it turns out the car might have been salvaged and thats why they cant get the title.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">