• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have any options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SyghT

It's SyghT...didn't see of my entire post was here

any options?
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana...so I purchased a 2015 Chevy Malibu from Premier Kia late November 2015 like around the 27th...car was ok until we went on Christmas vacation in TX were we noticed the car leaking oil...so we went to Chevy dealership out there but they were booked...so we called Kia dealership...and was told car had to go to a Chevy dealership because of factory warranty...I also have ext warranty with Kia but it does not kick in until factory warranty expires...so we brought car to Chevy dealership once we returned home...mechanic says car has been leaking oil for a long time...mechanic also discovered a hole in cv boot and a wheel not having tire sensor...then mechanic goes on to say car has been wrecked which was not in carfax provided by Kia...mechanic says many parts have been removed, repainted and/or replaced...such as wheel, front and back fender, tire sensor, hood, bolts under hood, car door and frame which cover fuel line removed but not replaced....first car note has been paid on car since note due so early in January (11th)...mechanic was able to stop oil leak and replaced cv boot but cannot do anything regarding other issues since parts were not factory parts and therefore not covered by warranty...Kia previously purchased car from hertz rental car facility...what options do I have to get everything to factory standards or what options do I have period??? It is still less than 60 says since car was bought...was thinking about going to Kia this weekend coming...this week I was out of town due to bereavement

OHRoadwarrior

You can pay out of your own pocket to have all the work done. A used car is generally repaired with used or aftermarket parts. A missing tire sensor fyi should trigger the light on the dash. It appears there was a failure on your part to have the car inspected by a mechanic skilled in noting these issues, before buying the car. None of them affect it mechanically that you have said, except the sensor which you simply pay to have replaced. Even the sensor is not a requirement but an add on convenience.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">