• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do i have any recourse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Donna Hoskinson

What is the name of your state? South Carolina.

I bought a used car from a dealership that was sold to me "as is".
The assured me that it had been through a safety inspection. 2 weeks later after purchasing the vehicle it broke down. A mechanic looked at it and informed me that the vehicle was unsafe to drive due to many safety problems it has. When i returned to the dealership the offered to trade the vehicle in for a newer one. The vehicle they offered me was twice the price of the orginal one i purchased. When i declined the offer he handed me the keys to the unsafe vehicle. I refused to put my child or myself in this vehicle. I told him i would rather walk. I understand that i purchased the vehicle " as is" but they were dishonest when they said it went through a safety inspection. Is they anything i can do legally to get out of this contract.

rmcnellis

what is "unsafe" about the car? what did the "safety" inspection cover? what do you mean "broke down?" does the car not run? does the car run but not move? i need more specifics.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">