• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do the lemon laws apply to commercial vehicles?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gjwilson

What is the name of your state? Mn

I purchased a 1997 ford bus for my daycare business to transport kids for fieldtrips. I purchased this on 8/2/04. I have driven this bus 2 x and both times I have had it towed back home.
The bus company has paid for the repairs on the first time and now the transmission has gone out of it. The transmission had approx 250-300 miles on it as it was just rebuilt the week before I brought it home. The transmission had 175 miles on it when they had to replace it at that point in time.
From my understanding the bus company will be taking care of the repairs that is needed now.

My question is may I tell them that I would like to return the bus under the lemon law? Does the lemon law apply in this situation?

I just dont feel comfortable putting 18 kids in this bus and having to have it towed back home again.

Thanks,

gjwilson

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">