• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does dealership have to provide me with a paper title, like they promised?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OHdear

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Hello, could someone please help me understand what this means, regarding the Ohio Title Defect Rescission Fund:

"In order to seek a remedy under the statute, the retail purchaser must notify the dealer of the request for rescission. When the dealer has failed to deliver title within 40 days, the retail purchaser must provide this notice within 60 days of the date the vehicle is titled in the name of the retail purchaser."

It sounds like the dealership has to provide the actual, paper title to the buyer within 40 days?

The dealership put the title in my name 2 days after I purchased the vehicle, but still hasn't sent me the title by mail as promised.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">