• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

down payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marlorie5

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida

i bought a car and put a 1500 down on it and when the bank called to verify employment 3 weeks later they couldnt since i had lost my job 2 weeks prior. now thr car dealership wont return my down payment and stated because they charged me rental fees and towing costs since it was repoed. what is my recourse?

swalsh411

So you took possession of the car, didn't make the payments for even a few weeks, the dealer repo'd the car, and won't return your down payment? When you asked for a breakdown of the charges did they provide it? Does your contract say you're entitled to your down payment back if the car is repossessed? (I doubt it does).

marlorie5

don payment

It was not time for a payment because the bank would not close the loan because I had lost my job 3 weeks later so its not like i was late with a payment. My 1st payment was due on April 15th. THey just repoed the car because the bank would not close the loan due to the fact i did not have employment when the called 3 weeks later to verify but I was employed at the time of purchase but now they dont want to give me my money back and they converted it to rental fees at $30.oo a day along with towing fees. Do I have any recourse please help me.

MrJenkins

how did they come up with 1500 in fees

3 weeks= 21 days. 21 days x $30 a day = 630.

is there more to this story? did you know you were going to lose your job?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">