• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

duped by used car dealer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

ValleyGirl

What is the name of your state? California.

I purchased a used car "as is" from a dealer. The car is an '87 with 164K miles. The dealer assured me he would have the car checked out by a authorized mercedes mechanic and would take care of any necessary repairs. I asked for that in writing. He said no problem, and he wrote under the remarks section of the purchase order "Car to be check out by white oak mbz and repaired". Since then, I have discovered that the car needs repairs that amount to more than 1/2 of what I paid for the car. I called the dealer but he won't take care of the repairs nor will he take the car back. Do I have any legal recourse? Can an Implied Warranty of Merchantability be used in this case?

racer72

Having a vehicle checked prior to purchase is the buyer's responsibility. Do a Google search of "caveat emptor".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">