• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expected time to wait for lemon replacement ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justice1212

I bought a 2014 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid in the spring of 2014...It first broke down in May, and broke down an additional 4 times over a three-week time period. It was not repaired, and was officially declared a lemon.

I have used an attorney throughout the process just to make sure things went smoothly. They haven't gone smoothly.

It is now about 6 months since the first breakdown, and I haven't received a replacement vehicle yet. This seems absolutely absurd to me...

What is the average turn-around in a situation like this? Is it a possibility that some of the fault can be placed on my attorney? He doesn't seem to be the sharpest tack in the box.

Any information would help,
Thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
1) The US state matters, as the laws vary in each.
2) Ask your attorney what the delay is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">