• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Garage Can't Fix Car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rjr1846

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania-The garage has had my car a week shy of 2 months. So far, all they've done is change my lock cylander twice, and they are telling me there's an electrical problem and the car won't start now. He called me the other day and asked me if I would give him the okay to get some sort of electrical box, which I am unsure what he's talking about, that costs $430 and try that but there's a chance it might not work. I told him that was alot of money. I did not give him the okay. I just called him back today, and they wouldn't let me talk to the owner. They said he's too busy to talkk to me. I would like to know what I can do to get my car fixed. What are my options. I need help. I feel like I'm being taken advantage of , and they CAN"T fix the car. Thanks, Rick

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania-The garage has had my car a week shy of 2 months. So far, all they've done is change my lock cylander twice, and they are telling me there's an electrical problem and the car won't start now. He called me the other day and asked me if I would give him the okay to get some sort of electrical box, which I am unsure what he's talking about, that costs $430 and try that but there's a chance it might not work. I told him that was alot of money. I did not give him the okay. I just called him back today, and they wouldn't let me talk to the owner. They said he's too busy to talkk to me. I would like to know what I can do to get my car fixed. What are my options. I need help. I feel like I'm being taken advantage of , and they CAN"T fix the car. Thanks, Rick
What were they supposed to do? what did you bring it in for?

OHRoadwarrior

I advise having the vehicle towed to a manufacturer dealer. Today's cars can be very complex. The dealer will have books outlining specifics and mechanics trained to deal with complex issues. Some problems are just to complex for a non dealer to complete. To save embarrassment and lost customers, these shops will sometimes try to go beyond their capability, to service a customer.

randomguy

Being you posted this ins Lemon law forum i am guessing you're thinking you got lemon law claim? If so generally speaking lemon law is for new car.

Find another mechanic or just tow it to dealer. Obviously this mechanic is way over his head.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">