• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got screwed over big

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SamanthaMarrs

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

Bought an 02 dodge neon a little over 12 months ago, 63,000 miles. Was sold to my fiance and I "as is" with 30 day limited warranty from a small used car dealership here in SC. "Skip" (owner of this dealership) told us he put 4 new tires on it, and got an alignment, and the test drive agreed with him. Turns out, 25 tires later, we paid $500 to be told it can't be aligned correctly because of the frame. This car had been previously wrecked, according to our insurance agents (5,000 dollar claim), even though carfax came back as a clean history, and "Skip" told us it never had been. Because of this wreck (the one that never happened...) the car is virtually undriveable, as it eats tires within a week of putting new ones on it, and cannot be aligned properly. And quite frankly, isn't really safe to drive.

Are we just screwed? Or is there anything we can do? Does the lemon law even apply here? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!:confused:

racer72

Bought an 02 dodge neon a little over 12 months ago, 63,000 miles. Was sold to my fiance and I "as is" with 30 day limited warranty from a small used car dealership here in SC.
Cars can be involved in accidents and have a "clean title". Only if the car is totalled by an insurance company, which obviously did not happen to this car, would it have a rebuilt title. Based on your post, as highlighted above, you have no case.

pauper_72

"Turns out, 25 tires later, we paid $500 to be told it can't be aligned correctly because of the frame...." and it is eating them at the rate of a tire per week, I would say you would have known about this, or at least QUESTIONED this about two weeks / two tires after the purchase...Why now, after 12 months???

If carfax came back clear when you ran it what makes you think the dealer had any reason to believe otherwise? Do you think he bribed carfax to clear the history for you? By the way, there are collision shops that can straighten slightly bent frames, at least here in Michigan. Have you even tried?

xylene

Dodge neons don't use a frame.

They are unibody construction.

Whenever your hear "It can be fixed" in relation to alignment of unibidy vehicles that have been in a collision means one of two things (sometimes both)

The repair man is incompetent to perform the repair

AND / OR

The repair is economically not viable... (AKA the car was not repaired properly.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">