• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keysmom

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Indiana
I need some advice. About 3 years ago I was a single mom with very little money to spend on a vehicle. My ex father in law desided that he would help me to buy one. Well, at that time he worked for a used car dealer. I was at work one day and he said that he had found me a vehicle. It was sitting out in the parking lot. Well, he has me sighn papers and told me that it was a good running vehicle. Needing a car desparatly, I sighned the papers and after my sift was over, I went out to the car. I got in a noticed that the radio woulkd only work with the key in a certain position. I didn't care, I had a car. well,, i drove the vehicle home and after driving the car a couple of weeks, started to have problems with it. took it in to have it checked and come to find out it had no bumper. Well, one thing led to another and the brakes went out, the tranny started to mess up, ect. well, I had payed him approximatly 400.00 for this car by now. I was making payments every 2 weeks for the car. well, more and more money kept having to be sank into this vehicle and so I quit making payments. Well, the car was never payed off and needless to say the car got to expensive to maintain. The dealer never came and got the car and I do not have a title to it. Now my question is, what do i do with the vehicle? I am not interested in getting my money back i just no longer want the car. What are my leagal rights in Indiana to do with this car? Can the dealer still come after me to pay for the vehicle or what. Its been sitting behind my garage for 3 years, under a tarp. please help!!

dallas702

1- Go kick your ex father-in-law squarely between the legs.

2- Read all of your contract carefully

3- research your state laws for statute of limitations on purchase contracts like yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">