• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help me about California Lemon Law...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andrewmarks

Hi all

I am from California, any one help me about my car problem, my car details are as follows:

2002 chevy suburban
Purchased used sold as-is, on 05/01/10
Currently has 184000 miles, not under warranty
Problem occurred at 178000 miles, not under warranty

PROBLEM INFORMATION:
safety defect
Occurred on 05/01/10
3 repair attempts
5 out-of-service days

DESCRIPTION:
sold with 3 bad tires, did not pass the state inspection test nor was inspected. Stopped on side of road and now fuel gauge is not working, some suspension belt was cracked and replaced.

Please any one help me, just tell me it comes under Lemon Law?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

aldaron

In your own words you purchased the car AS IS. What about that dont you understand? Lemon laws only apply to new purchases.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
thnq for your reply but in some sites i found that for used cars too applicable for lemon law in california.
http://www.ag.ca.gov/consumers/general/lemon.php

You car is NOT covered by the protections offered under the California "Lemon Law".
Your car was purchased AS-IS.

Enjoy your car.

Antigone*

Hi all

I am from California, any one help me about my car problem, my car details are as follows:

2002 chevy suburban

PROBLEM INFORMATION:
safety defect
Occurred on 05/01/10
3 repair attempts
5 out-of-service days

DESCRIPTION:
sold with 3 bad tires, did not pass the state inspection test nor was inspected. Stopped on side of road and now fuel gauge is not working, some suspension belt was cracked and replaced.

Please any one help me, just tell me it comes under Lemon Law?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You purchased the vehicle without a current smog certificate?

sandyclaus

Hi all

2002 chevy suburban

PROBLEM INFORMATION:
safety defect
Occurred on 05/01/10
3 repair attempts
5 out-of-service days

DESCRIPTION:

And what did the mechanic you hired to do a pre-sales inspection of this vehicle have to say about its condition and fitness? Let me guess, you DIDN'T hire one?

As-Is means just that. It means there is no warranty, no guarantee of condition. The only way you can protect yourself from purchasing a car with safety or mechanical issues is to hire someone with the expertise to detect problems that you might not otherwise see or recognize. When you didn't, you accepted the vehicle just as you found it, and with no warranty, that means you have no recourse against the seller. You can't hold them to a guarantee of fitness that was never given in writing.

Enjoy your new car along with all the extras you got and didn't bargain for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">