• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I bought a car 3 weeks ago with no warranty, now the engine could be completely blown

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allysonsimmons

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I bought it from a used car salesman, its a newer model Trailblazer with a little over 100K miles. I didnt expect it to be PERFECT, but I did expect it to last for more than 3 weeks! My husband is taking it to a mechanic, but do we have any rights if it is a huge fix? Or is this one of those "lessons learned"?

Country Living

What did the mechanic say about the car before you bought it? Ah, I bet you didn't have it checked prior to the purchase. Used cars are sold "as is" and there is no warranty unless you bought or were given one with the purchase. That kind of miles on a newer model should have set off an alarm.

This is one of those "lessons learned".

swalsh411

Was there a warranty or was it sold to you as-is? What did the mechanic report when you brought it in for an inspection prior to purchase?

You are only covered by the Texas lemon law if you are still under the original manufactures warranty, which is doubtful considering the truck has over 100k miles.

Astrolink

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I bought it from a used car salesman, its a newer model Trailblazer with a little over 100K miles. I didnt expect it to be PERFECT, but I did expect it to last for more than 3 weeks! My husband is taking it to a mechanic, but do we have any rights if it is a huge fix? Or is this one of those "lessons learned"?
Just to mention, I've owned over 225 cars, and sometimes stuff like this just happens. I bought a car once that I personally checked over to be in perfect working order, and while I was driving it home the timing belt went destroying the engine....it's the risk you take with used vehicles with no guarantees.

Beyond that, was the vehicle sold as is?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">