• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I bought a Volvo S70 and now things are going wrong...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chadwick22

Pennsylvania---

I bought a 1998 Volvo S70 sedan about 3.5 months ago. The dealership told me everything works in the car including the A/C. Now I know the heat works great and most things work but now I am having some issues. Within 1 day of purchasing the vehicle the alarm quit working, it no longer makes sound. The dealership blew me off 3 times on the phone so I went in person and they checked it and it wouldnt work. They told me because it is a third party alarm on the car they wouldnt fix it, this i dont agree with as this was a big selling point for them to sell the car to me and my girlfriend. Next, we had a problem with a headlight, 2 days after purchasing a headlight went bad and they said they would fix it. We picked it up during the day only to find out after being pulled over that they didnt fix it and they have refused to fix it since. Lastly, now that there has been some nice weather and its time for the A/C to be turned it, it doest work!!! I called the dealership after the gf tried twice and got blown off. I spoke with a gentlemen there and he said, well it works, we sold it to you and I know it was working when sold so maybe something you did caused it to stop. My response was, we did nothing to the car accept drive it since we owned it. He immediately refused to fix the A/C but offered to by the car back. The problem I see with this is that he knows something is wrong, wont fix it but will buy it back instead, we are still stuck with a loan out on the car so for him to buy it back means no car as we would need to pay the loan so he can get the title. We like the car, we just want it fixed, is there anything we can do to get the dealership to have to fix it?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Pennsylvania---

I bought a 1998 Volvo S70 sedan about 3.5 months ago. The dealership told me everything works in the car including the A/C. Now I know the heat works great and most things work but now I am having some issues. Within 1 day of purchasing the vehicle the alarm quit working, it no longer makes sound. The dealership blew me off 3 times on the phone so I went in person and they checked it and it wouldnt work. They told me because it is a third party alarm on the car they wouldnt fix it, this i dont agree with as this was a big selling point for them to sell the car to me and my girlfriend. Next, we had a problem with a headlight, 2 days after purchasing a headlight went bad and they said they would fix it. We picked it up during the day only to find out after being pulled over that they didnt fix it and they have refused to fix it since. Lastly, now that there has been some nice weather and its time for the A/C to be turned it, it doest work!!! I called the dealership after the gf tried twice and got blown off. I spoke with a gentlemen there and he said, well it works, we sold it to you and I know it was working when sold so maybe something you did caused it to stop. My response was, we did nothing to the car accept drive it since we owned it. He immediately refused to fix the A/C but offered to by the car back. The problem I see with this is that he knows something is wrong, wont fix it but will buy it back instead, we are still stuck with a loan out on the car so for him to buy it back means no car as we would need to pay the loan so he can get the title. We like the car, we just want it fixed, is there anything we can do to get the dealership to have to fix it?
You bought a 13 year old car...enjoy your car.

(To be thorough, what express warranties did the dealer give you?)

chadwick22

warranty

there was a 3 month warranty on the vehicle...and while yes, it may be a 13 y/o car, it is in near perfect shape. with the warranty i felt confident in buying it. So now what?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
there was a 3 month warranty on the vehicle...and while yes, it may be a 13 y/o car, it is in near perfect shape. with the warranty i felt confident in buying it. So now what?
It would really depend on the exact terms of your warranty. I SERIOUSLY doubt you got a 3 month bumper-to-bumper warranty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">