• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I financed a used car thru the dealership and it turned out to be a lemon!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tamara Brewer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I financed a used car through a used car dealership and in the first 6 months the tranny went out. They would not take the car back, but they did replace the tranny. But 6 months later, that one went out .This time I took it to a shop and had it done. After a few months, that one started making noises. I told the dealership I wasnt going to give them another dime. They ended up bankrupt and 3 years later, I still have the car in my driveway with no title. I paid 3,500 of the 7,000 I owed on the car.. Who has legal claim to the car? I would like to give it to my little brother to tinker with.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">