• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have been screwed.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

roseythekid

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah
I bought a used car back in February. Literally 16 hours after I bought it, it broke down and shot oil all over the freeway. I had it towed back to the dealership and their mechanic told me the engine was fried. They told me that I would have to BUY a new one!!! They would not help me whatsoever. I had not bought a warranty yet but come on.... 16 hours?.. I had driven it maybe 30 miles so far! I took it elsewhere to get the engine replaced because I didnt trust them. I then learned that it had two shot wheel bearings and the front differential was worn out. I would have to replace those things to ensure the safety of my wife and I. I am now having to spend a LOT of money to fix it and the dealership wont help me. DO I HAVE ANY OPTIONS?????.... Any help would be great.

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah
I bought a used car back in February. Literally 16 hours after I bought it, it broke down and shot oil all over the freeway. I had it towed back to the dealership and their mechanic told me the engine was fried. They told me that I would have to BUY a new one!!! They would not help me whatsoever. I had not bought a warranty yet but come on.... 16 hours?.. I had driven it maybe 30 miles so far! I took it elsewhere to get the engine replaced because I didnt trust them. I then learned that it had two shot wheel bearings and the front differential was worn out. I would have to replace those things to ensure the safety of my wife and I. I am now having to spend a LOT of money to fix it and the dealership wont help me. DO I HAVE ANY OPTIONS?????.... Any help would be great.
a used car, is purchased as is.

what did your mechanic say when you had him/her look over the car BEFORE you purchased it?

cyjeff

I'd go after them where it hurts. Start with the owner of the dealership, then move on to the local TV reporters....
For what?

Go after them how?

There isn't a legal leg to stand on. Are you suggesting some other way to "go after" them?

I doubt very much that TV reporters will care about a "used car dealership sold me a bad car" story. I could be wrong.

Isis1

For what?

Go after them how?

There isn't a legal leg to stand on. Are you suggesting some other way to "go after" them?

I doubt very much that TV reporters will care about a "used car dealership sold me a bad car" story. I could be wrong.
i thought she was being sarcastic!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">