• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Made a Mistake

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jiggapoppajay

What is the name of your state? New York

Over the summer i bought a 95 Altima from an indivisual. Last week the car i was driving (a Mazda) transmission broke so i went in my backyard and pulled out the altima. when i bought the acr i was assured that yje only problem was that the battery was dead and the front axle was broken. i fixed the axle and took the car to the mechanic shop because anti-freeze was leaking. come to find out the water pump is broken, needs motor mounts and the transmission passed away. I was told that the person would take the car back if anything was wrong besides the axle and battery. now the person does not want to take the car back.

Do i have any legal claims or am I screwed?
Thanks.

racer72

Go to the tool department of your nearest Sears. Find the aisle with screwdrivers. Find one you like, stick it in your naval and start turning. Without a specific warranty from the seller, you have no case. You should have had the vehicle inspected prior to purchase. I really like the 12 inch #2 Phillips personally.

Bluff Man

Dealing with a private party you have no case. In New York a private party can sell a car "as is" , a dealer cannot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">