• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was sold a Lemon from a Used car dealer.I need advice please?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ring

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? LaPorte,Indiana.46350

From what I read about the Indiana Lemon Law it only covers vehicles under 18,000 miles as newer car purchases.What about buying a older car from a Used car sales lot?

I will try to explain step by step what happened to me,
Friday 4:30 PM CST I went to Hemi's***auto sales to buy a used vehicle.The salesman pointed out to me a 2004 buick Lesabre with 264,000 miles on it.He was asking $1,500 for it.I told the salesman 264000 ?That's a lot of miles!The salesman yes it is a lot of miles but,it's a nice car.About that time it was getting dusk "dark outside".
The salesman took me to the 2004 Buick to see it and hear it run.It didn't start so he jump started it.Then he learned it was low on gas so the salesman took it to the gas station to get gas in it so I can test drive it.After the salesman return from the gas station to the car lot he pops the hood on the Buick to show me the engine and to hear it run.By then it was dark outside.Can't see much in the dark under the hood but,the Buick sounded good for that many miles on it.I test drove the buick and got the salesman down to $1,350.I told the salesman I'll take it for $1,350.When the salesman was doing the paper work he asked me if it was ok to write on the paper work that I only paid $600 for it to save money on taxes?I said that's fine,Dummy me.

After I bought the car I drove it Apex Muffler & brakes to get a oil change.After that I drove it home and parked it for the night.The next morning I went out to start it up.It wouldn't start.I bought a $180 battery and it still didn't start.I called the salesman on the phone that morning about this and he was out on a call and never called me back.Sunday morning comes,I decide to take the car to a small garage shop to see if they could tell me what was wrong with it.

The small garage shop pops the hood and notices this car had a past engine fire and then realizes that the cause of the past fire was never fixed.The engine is leaking gas on top of the engine as we speak.One spark and this car can go up in flames.The small garage shop told me the car lot should of never sold me this car in this condition.It is unsafe to drive,a fire hazard.I was never told by the car lot salesman that this car was in a car fire.Top it all off is,the car lot never attempted to fix the cause,of the past fire.It's still leaking gas at the fuel injectors.

Is there anything I can do?The car was sold to me AS IS.To me this is very unfair, the car salesman never told me about the past car fire.
Top it all off is,at the time I paid for the car at the car lot I had my daughter & my 7 month old grand child with me.I drove my grandchild in that car without knowing this car was a fire hazard.The salesman watched me put my grandchild in the car and didn't say a word to me about the past history of the car.

With all said above,I understand that it is a Used car with a lot of miles on it.But,regardless,if any vehicle was ever in a fire the buyer should be told the information or the car shouldn't be sold at all.

Is there a Indiana Lemon law in my case?
I would like to either change the car out for another car or have this auto sales place fix all the repairs so this car is safe for me to drive?

OHRoadwarrior

Apparently, you expected much more car for the money you spent. The logical thing would have been to have it inspected before purchasing it. It sounds like it has the same issue many of the LeSabres and Bonnevilles had, a leaking fuel pressure regulator. As it is covered by the engine top cover, you cannot see the gasoline leaking unless you remove it. You over paid for a 264k car and that is what you received.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">