• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want to give my car back to the dealership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Squid2008

How would i go about giving back my car to the Dealership? it was my first time buying i dont know much about cars, i've had it for about 2 months and already i replaced all four tires when i was told i only needed to replace one. i replaced one of the headlights the air conditioner and windows work when they wanna work i was driving and it just cut off i couldn't start the car so i had to push it to the side of the road there's just too many problems with it. the car salesman didn't tell me all of these additional problems otherwise i would have never leased the car.

HomeGuru

How would i go about giving back my car to the Dealership? it was my first time buying i dont know much about cars, i've had it for about 2 months and already i replaced all four tires when i was told i only needed to replace one. i replaced one of the headlights the air conditioner and windows work when they wanna work i was driving and it just cut off i couldn't start the car so i had to push it to the side of the road there's just too many problems with it. the car salesman didn't tell me all of these additional problems otherwise i would have never leased the car.

**A: first read the instructions on this website. ,Then actually read the lemon law of your state, whatever state that may be.

racer72

The dealership no longer owns the vehicle, the bank that financed the vehicle does. Banks are not in the business of selling used cars. No, they won't take either.

CraigFL

I always tell people they absolutely can give the car back to the dealership but it might be better to donate it to a charity for the potential tax deduction. The tax deduction might help toward the payments you will continue to need to make because finacially, it will still be your car until it's paid for...

racer72

I always tell people they absolutely can give the car back to the dealership but it might be better to donate it to a charity for the potential tax deduction. The tax deduction might help toward the payments you will continue to need to make because finacially, it will still be your car until it's paid for...
This won't work. Charitable organizations will only accept vehicles with free and clear titles. They don't want to accept a car the could potentially be repossessed out from under them. I have done some volunteer work for a charity that accepts cars, they want to be able to turn the car into cash as soon as possible, this means selling drivable vehicles to the public and junk cars to wrecking yards.

smorr

Original Poster said this is a Leased car (read his last sentence). If the car is leased through the dealership, I'd assume he can bring it back don't you? Although he does say "buy" too... hmmm, so what did he do? Lease it or buy it? Plus (1) he hasn't written back yet and it looks like it's been a month already... and (2), he never put in his state so we don't know how to respond anyway! Oh well..... maybe he found help and doesn't need us anymore. I'm hurt..... :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">