• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incorrect odometer statement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ypant

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ILLINOIS

I bought a 2001 Honda Odyssey minivan in August 2008 from a Honda dealership. In the odometer statement, the dealership stated that the mileage on the vehicle is the actual one.

However recently (in 2009) a car fax check indicated that the mileage in the vehicle was not actual and the IL secretary of state had issued a "No actual mileage" title on 07/29/2002, 06/02/2006 and 09/24/2007 (date when I bought this vehicle).

I paid around $10000 for this vehicle, however I had to spent over $2000 repairs for transmission overhaul, radiator and other things. This vehicle has given a number of issues. I have been ignoring the problem of dashboard light getting dimmer when I turn on the full headlight beam on since I bought the vehicle.

What recourse do I have with the dealership and how do I go about resolving this issue? I tried to contact the dealership last week and talked to a sales manager there, however he has not returned phone call yet.

I also called NHTSA and they have provided some useful information to me, however I was not able to find the steps for resolving this issue. Do I need to have an attorney for this case?

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cyjeff

After 18 months, you have almost no recourse.

The time to pull the car fax was BEFORE you bought.

Do you have a written document authenticating the odometer reading?

ypant

After 18 months, you have almost no recourse.

The time to pull the car fax was BEFORE you bought.

Do you have a written document authenticating the odometer reading?
Yes, I have a written document authenticating the odometer reading.

I thought that the dealer should have disclosed that the odometer reading was not actual before I signed any document and they did not do those things.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">