• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inspection fraud and wrecked car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

crazykeith

What is the name of your state? MD hi I bought a used 98 neon from a dealership. As i was driving I noticed some problems in the paint. So I decided to ask my neighbor who worked for a car dealership and owned cars. He told me the front panel front bumper and door had all been replaced. I am pretty sure the dealer knew this he just hid it from me. Verytrime I try to ask him about it he ignores me. Also I found out too that the car had a broken trans mount which I belive was caused by the accident. I told the dealer he said he would have hsi inspoector look at it who alredy passed it broken. He then said still there was nothing wrong with it. They both now were lying the butts off too me. So i was like I am not oing to tkae this so I got it inspected by someone else and it failed becasue of the trans moutn being broken. Also becasue the door was not alligned right and it was jammed and I could not get in or out of it. Do i have any rights. Doesnt the dealer have to disclose an accident if he knows about it. Also shouldnt the inspection station be liable for ot checking the car right a second time to make sure i was right by saying the trans moutn was brokem instead of telling me off anf telling me I have a bad attitude.

I need help right away becasue i am afraid if I wait to long I will be out of luck

Thanks

C

crazykeith

I need help please all commments are greatly appreciated

C

cirrus0306

I don't believe they have to tell you, but you probably signed some small print that states car may have been in an accident. I do believe the inspector should have been able to tell, you may be able to take the report from the inspection you had done to the dealer and get them to make some sort of deal. FYI, its never a good idea to buy a car w/o having your own inspection done. also, all the good dealerships will give you a history report from carfax.com and not charge you for it. (except maybe in the price of the car) The car is new enough there should be a good history report on it. I know thru experience, if you are willing to put forth the effort, you can get "restitution" from a car dealership with out an attorney, but be prepared to fight for it.

C

crazykeith

lousy dealer

Well I contacted the attorney general and he was so helpful but the dealer is still not at all. The attorney general cant even get beans out of him. He is just so hardheaded. He would not do arbitration and never gives a full answer to any question. He just keeps lying or bringing someting else up. I dont know what to do

C

cirrus0306

The next thing I can think of w/o hiring an atty, would be to contact a news station. What they did is crap, and maybe bad publicity will get him to bend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">