• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jeep broke on dealer lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dave5124

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
On monday I bought a new 2014 jeep wrangler with 18 miles on it, most of which came from my test drive. Shortly after my purchase the salesmen was going over the features of the vehicle. The vehicle was at a idle in the parking lot while he explained how the top removed, how the blue tooth worked and a few other features, when the temperature warning light came on. The dealer mechanic said the issue was in a electrical system and they would fix it. I called them today and they told me it would be at least Tuesday and probably longer before it will be fix. I am worried that there maybe other issues they are not telling me about, and or this maybe a reoccurring issue in the future. Do I have any rights now to exchange it? If not what should I be doing to making sure I don't get stuck with constant issues with this.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
On monday I bought a new 2014 jeep wrangler with 18 miles on it, most of which came from my test drive. Shortly after my purchase the salesmen was going over the features of the vehicle. The vehicle was at a idle in the parking lot while he explained how the top removed, how the blue tooth worked and a few other features, when the temperature warning light came on. The dealer mechanic said the issue was in a electrical system and they would fix it. I called them today and they told me it would be at least Tuesday and probably longer before it will be fix. I am worried that there maybe other issues they are not telling me about, and or this maybe a reoccurring issue in the future. Do I have any rights now to exchange it? If not what should I be doing to making sure I don't get stuck with constant issues with this.
http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/consumers.aspx?id=291

The law allows the manufacturer three repair attempts for the same problem. If the repairs are unsuccessful, you may demand a refund or replacement vehicle. Also, if your car is at the dealership for any repairs for a cumulative total of thirty days during the first 12 months or 12,000 miles, you may demand a refund or replacement.

The manufacturer is allowed to receive a reasonable offset for your use of the vehicle that you are having problems with. That refund offset can total no more than 10% of the purchase price of the vehicle or $.10 for each mile driven before the first reported repair. If the manufacturer cannot replace your particular model or year, you must be given a comparable vehicle of equal value.

Keep in mind that you lose your lemon law rights if the problem you are experiencing is the result of your modification to or your alteration, abuse or neglect of the vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">