• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is a Jetski considered under this law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spipher

Hello, I live in North Carolina. We bought a 2004 Polaris MSX 150 jetski in May of this year. It ran fine until the first scheduled maintenance was done. Afterwards, it broke down and was in the shop for our entire vacation in July. It took them a week to repair it. It never ran the same afterwards. We used it July and August and then on Labor Day weekend, it broke down again. It has been in the shop ever since. Tuesday will be three weeks. The mechanic tells us he can't seem to figure out what is wrong with it. He has been corresponding with Polaris, but everything the computer indicates is wrong doesn't seem to be the problem. He told us he thinks he will have to replace the motor. My husband and I are not exactly happy with this. We paid $10,000 for this machine and have had nothing but problems with it. We are wondering if there is anything we can do legally to either get another ski or a refund of our money. We do not have a loan on it, so stopping the payments isn't an option. Does a jetski fall under the lemon law category? If not, is there any other law applicable to this? I would appreciate any advice anyone with a similar situation could offer.

icegoalie37

Did you ever get a resolution? Can anything legal be done?

I am in the same situation with the same PWC. Mine has been in the shop waiting for Polaris to ship my dealer a new engine since June 1st, 2005, and I am in danger of losing the whole summer without my toy. I want someone to pay for this mess. With extended warranty, service package, I am into this pwc $12K and make $154/mo. payments for something that I have only used 30+ hours dating back to last year. I even bought a season pass to my local lake boat launch for $75 and used it just once. What a waste. Thanks!!!! Help!!!! :mad:

icegoalie37

racr, who are you to decide what is dead? I posted to a thread that apparently had no resolution or reply from anyone that was eerily the same as mine (as in EXACTLY). most forums will tell you NOT to open a new thread on the same subject, but instead to link to one that already exists. sorry if that bugs you, but get a life. :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">