• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kitchen Aid Dishwasher

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momofrose

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Kitchen Aid dishwasher purchased 3/2009

Six Service calls since that time - out of warranty date - Dishwasher is dead yet again.

At what point is this deemed a lemon - Kichen aid will not replace - even though at the last service call the technician deemed this appliance "unrepairable" - even though he got it to work for 10 more months until it is dead yet again.

Thank you.

Antigone*

Six Service calls since that time - out of warranty date - Dishwasher is dead yet again.

At what point is this deemed a lemon - Kichen aid will not replace - even though at the last service call the technician deemed this appliance "unrepairable" - even though he got it to work for 10 more months until it is dead yet again.

Thank you.
Yikes, momofrose!!:eek: I am sure glad I didn't buy that Kitchen Aid diswasher. I decided on the Bosch!

momofrose

Tell me!!!! This is a higher end dishwasher too - they will not do one thing about it. I have been nice and been nasty and they respond to nothing,

It is so unfauir that I have to ake yet abother day off of work and now pay for the service and repair as well.

Any help would be aprpeciated (as to my rights as a consumer)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Thank you.
You are out of warranty - if you don't want to deal with this machine, you'll need to get a new one.

Antigone*

Tell me!!!! This is a higher end dishwasher too - they will not do one thing about it. I have been nice and been nasty and they respond to nothing,

It is so unfauir that I have to ake yet abother day off of work and now pay for the service and repair as well.

Any help would be aprpeciated (as to my rights as a consumer)
I agree with Zigner here mom. If the dishwasher was still under warranty you'd have a claim.

momofrose

That completely sucks (legal term right?)

After spending over $1000.00 for a dishwasher and having now 6 repair/service calls since MArch of 2009, the answer is to get a new one?

So crazy that I would have to throw down more money for a new machine...clearly this is a piece o' crap (another legal term)

I think filing a NJ consumer protection complaint is in order.

Thanks

Antigone*

That completely sucks (legal term right?)

After spending over $1000.00 for a dishwasher and having now 6 repair/service calls since MArch of 2009, the answer is to get a new one?

So crazy that I would have to throw down more money for a new machine...clearly this is a piece o' crap (another legal term)

I think filing a NJ consumer protection complaint is in order.

Thanks
I would certainly go that route. I'd be really ticked off as well.

I was really leaning toward the dual drawer model and I took a few of my dishes to the store, they wouldn't fit standing up so luckily I decided against it.

I am thrilled with my Bosch. It cleans well and is the quietest thing on earth!

FlyingRon

Is this by chance one of the KitchenAid rebranding of the Fisher-Paykel Dish Drawers... If so good luck. These things are a disaster. Both we and my sister installed these things in our kitchen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">