• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lemon law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brookedunaway

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee
I bought a 1998 Mitsibishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible and only drove it from alcoa highway to tipton staton and now it wont run at all. everyday something else has messed up.
day1- alarm would not go off even after it was started
day2- window went off track
day3- convertible top inside started coming down
day4- reverse went out
day5- whole transmision went out except 1st gear
day6- starter went out
I HAVE NOT EVEN GOT A CHANCE TO ENJOY THE CAR BECAUSE EVERYDAY SOMETHING HAS WENT WRONG ON IT...WHAT CAN I DO?

You Are Guilty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee
I bought a 1998 Mitsibishi Eclipse Spyder Convertible and only drove it from alcoa highway to tipton staton and now it wont run at all. everyday something else has messed up.
day1- alarm would not go off even after it was started
day2- window went off track
day3- convertible top inside started coming down
day4- reverse went out
day5- whole transmision went out except 1st gear
day6- starter went out
I HAVE NOT EVEN GOT A CHANCE TO ENJOY THE CAR BECAUSE EVERYDAY SOMETHING HAS WENT WRONG ON IT...WHAT CAN I DO?
Taking it to a mechanic to diagnose the problems would be my first choice. Second would then be to pay the mechanic to fix said issues (assuming you still want to drive the car).

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
From http://www.state.tn.us/consumer/lemon.shtml:

Your car does not qualify as a "lemon".

Enjoy your "new" car!

indy101

Usually to qualify as a lemon, you have to take it back to the dealer and they have to attempt to fix it several times within so many business or calendar days. It doesn't sound like if falls under the lemon law if there are different problems everyday, but if you have a warranty, then use that to its full extent.

orb4me

Did you buy it from a dealer? if so, did you buy it as is??? Nice people dealer? they wont want it to get around that they sold you a piece of crap.

Have you given the dealer a chance to make it right?

If you bought it from a private person, then the fun begins:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">