• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lemon Law (FL) and fraud Q

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NeedHelp2278

FL, Hello I purchased a 98 used car from a dealer in FL who purchased / negotiated on my behalf with a auction co (i am from France, and reside in NY). The car was ridden with problems and I feel it is a lemon. In addition, the title was stolen prior to my being able to register the car. When I inquired about a duplicate title, the dealer said it would be $450 which i feel is exorbitant and a arbitrary number. I feel that they are taking advantage of me. Can you advise what kind of recourse or action I should take here? Thank you very much!

Antigone*

FL, Hello I purchased a 98 used car from a dealer in FL who purchased / negotiated on my behalf with a auction co (i am from France, and reside in NY). The car was ridden with problems and I feel it is a lemon. In addition, the title was stolen prior to my being able to register the car. When I inquired about a duplicate title, the dealer said it would be $450 which i feel is exorbitant and a arbitrary number. I feel that they are taking advantage of me. Can you advise what kind of recourse or action I should take here? Thank you very much!
Why shouldn't the dealer charge you to get a copy of the title you lost?

swalsh411

Florida's lemon law does not cover 15 year old used cars. Did you really think it did? :rolleyes:

Why did the mechanic you had perform an inspection prior to purchase not discover any of these problems?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">