• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lemon Law Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kfarnsworth

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca.

Does the lemon law apply to a car bought used from a dealership that has about 95,000 but also was given a 3 year dealer warranty as guarantee? The warranty covers power, drive-train, and AC. The car is a 2009 smart car. The warranty is covered by a division of the dealership. The company is Drive-line and it is their division of the company called Avery that deals with warranty issues. The car was purchased 2 months ago. The car threw codes in the first 2 weeks about the transmission. I don't know if I can prove it as the report went to the warranty place and we did not get one. I asked the mechanic today for a copy and supposedly he is going to look for it, but the record is almost 2 months old.

OHRoadwarrior

The issue appears to be the warranty is through a third party company. There are condition that are a part of the warranty you must meet for an issue to be covered, assuming it is a covered issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">