• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loner car law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Noid

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ME

Hello. I found this site and was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I was wondering if there were any laws requiring a dealership to provide you with a loner car. My car has been gone over 3 weeks and they have refused to give me one. They say that the warranty does not cover it and they opted out of the loner car program. This has been a real hassle for me. Can someone help?

JETX

I was wondering if there were any laws requiring a dealership to provide you with a loner car. My car has been gone over 3 weeks and they have refused to give me one. They say that the warranty does not cover it and they opted out of the loner car program. This has been a real hassle for me. Can someone help?
There is no statutory requirement for a dealer to provide you with a loaner car while yours is in the shop. That is a factor that you should consider when deciding where to get your vehicle repaired.

jesslee83

i know this thread is a couple weeks old, but we had a similar issue. however, we were able to call our insurance company, get rental car coverage, and our insurance company was even willing to back date it a couple weeks for us. true, it didn't cover the entire rental amount, but it definitely helped. we have USAA, a major company. i'm not sure if any old city-wide company would do this, but if you have a major one, then check it out.

as for the dealership paying for it, unless they authorized to pay for it, or gave you one of their own cars, it's your financial responsibility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">