• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mileage wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bzeal11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Hi,

first off, im an idiot for not checking the carfax more clearly (was on dealers phone) and will do so after this post

its inspection month and im looking at the inspection sticker from inside the vehicle and realize when the dealer a year ago, had the car inspected and registered for me, the odometer was read and posted on the sticker

1 year ago = dealer advertised 106k odometer read it too

(the paint residue shows proof, never got a windshield scraper to remove the imprint of the paint left on), also have a friend to back up my story as he was there when i went to see the car

inspection sticker says reading at the time of inspection when i bought the vehicle = 148k
now my odometer reading = 118k miles

title does not say what mileage since the vehicle was at least 10 years old

do i have a legal course of action? dealership must've realized they have the wrong odometer reading at time of inspection and did not inform me? now im stuck with a car that may have been tampered with without my realizing for over a friggen year.

Dave1952

So which is wrong, the odometer or the inspection sticker? The Dept of Motor Vehicles will send you their record for $5

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">