• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My car sucks... My dealer sucks more :(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

virgogirlsmom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I bought a car from a small, dicey little dealer 7 months ago. Recently, it stopped starting. It's now in mechanic purgatory.. It's been to 2 shops, neither of whom can figure out what's wrong with it. It is now with an electrician, who has told me that ALL of the electrical in the car has been fatally messed-with (for lack of a better term). The dealer obviously didn't go through the car before selling it... do I have any recourse?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I bought a car from a small, dicey little dealer 7 months ago. Recently, it stopped starting. It's now in mechanic purgatory.. It's been to 2 shops, neither of whom can figure out what's wrong with it. It is now with an electrician, who has told me that ALL of the electrical in the car has been fatally messed-with (for lack of a better term). The dealer obviously didn't go through the car before selling it... do I have any recourse?
What did the mechanic who checked out your car prior to you purchasing it tell you. You know the one YOU have evaluate the car?

virgogirlsmom

I took the car to a toyota dealer, who pointed out some minor issues (some of which were electrical) and wrote them down for me. I took the mechanic's list back to the dealer from whom I bought the car. They said they would fix the problems, kept the car for 2 days, then gave it back to me saying everything was kosher.

What did the mechanic who checked out your car prior to you purchasing it tell you. You know the one YOU have evaluate the car?

Antigone*

I took the car to a toyota dealer, who pointed out some minor issues (some of which were electrical) and wrote them down for me. I took the mechanic's list back to the dealer from whom I bought the car. They said they would fix the problems, kept the car for 2 days, then gave it back to me saying everything was kosher.
Then between the time you purchased the USED vehicle and now problems have arisen. You did not purchase a new car that was under warranty.

You should consider purchasing an extended warranty the next time you buy a used car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">