• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My house is a lemon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dhape1966

What is the name of your state? Texas
I bought my home 4 years ago. Since then I have found that the house floods due to runoff from other homes up the street. The house is in a small valley. I asked about the flooding because we looked at the house 2 months after San Antonio had a flood. I was told that it is not a problem. Since then, we have had another flood and in trying to keep the water from the house I found a french drain around the house which was ineffective because it was not installed correctly. I also found when I had to pull up carpeting due to the flooding that they had added on to the house and the slab they poured for the addition has moved away from the main foundation by about a half inch. This runs through the middle of my kitchen and dining room. Do I have any recourse against either the seller or their agent?

B

Bonni623

I have no legal advice to give you, but I wanted to ask if you had flood insurance? if not, I would get it, atleast you would get some money for all the damage:D

HomeGuru

dhape1966 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
I bought my home 4 years ago. Since then I have found that the house floods due to runoff from other homes up the street. The house is in a small valley. I asked about the flooding because we looked at the house 2 months after San Antonio had a flood. I was told that it is not a problem. Since then, we have had another flood and in trying to keep the water from the house I found a french drain around the house which was ineffective because it was not installed correctly. I also found when I had to pull up carpeting due to the flooding that they had added on to the house and the slab they poured for the addition has moved away from the main foundation by about a half inch. This runs through the middle of my kitchen and dining room. Do I have any recourse against either the seller or their agent?

**A: please post on the Real Estate Law Buying and Selling Homes forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">