• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my sister liable ...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kellyree30

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My sister bought a used car from some scumbag here. He told her the car ran, had a head gasket replaced not so long ago, and that it would be good for her daily 1.5 hour commute. She wrote him a check for $700, post-dated by four days to when she got paid. He wrote her a receipt with the day-of-purchase date, and wrote "As Is" on it. Well, of course, the car has been nothing but trouble. The day after she bought it, she had to have a sensor replaced. She had it for all of two weeks before it completely crapped out on her, and the mechanic said - head gasket. BUT - due to her inability to manage her bank account (the chick has problems) - the check bounced. She has found out that the title on the car is NOT the same guy who she wrote her check to and who wrote the receipt out to. So now the title is in her name, no liens. Is she obligated to actually pay this guy?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kellyree30 said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

My sister bought a used car from some scumbag here. He told her the car ran, had a head gasket replaced not so long ago, and that it would be good for her daily 1.5 hour commute. She wrote him a check for $700, post-dated by four days to when she got paid. He wrote her a receipt with the day-of-purchase date, and wrote "As Is" on it. Well, of course, the car has been nothing but trouble. The day after she bought it, she had to have a sensor replaced. She had it for all of two weeks before it completely crapped out on her, and the mechanic said - head gasket. BUT - due to her inability to manage her bank account (the chick has problems) - the check bounced. She has found out that the title on the car is NOT the same guy who she wrote her check to and who wrote the receipt out to. So now the title is in her name, no liens. Is she obligated to actually pay this guy?

My response:

And you think your sister has "problems"?

If you really think like this, then not only does your sister have problems, but so do you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">